Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My First Ironman Post


Charity Page

I am attempting to complete my first Ironman event in Melbourne on the 25th March 2012
(http://ironmanmelbourne.com). It is a race that will last for around 10 hours to do a 3.8k swim,
180km bike ride and a 42km marathon. Total of 226kms. I would like to use this personal
challenge to help my wife and raise $100 per km of the Ironman.

My wife has been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis this year. It is a terrible bowel disease that
 can cause many problems including bleeding, tiredness and a sense of urgency to have a bowel
movement. I would like to make a difference with combating this disease and finding a cure
so people like my wife can stop suffering. The drugs my wife has to take to keep the disease
 at bay are strong cancer fighting drugs that are called immunosuppressive medication. We
want to get her off those as soon as we can.

I am raising money for Crohn's & Colitis Australia to raise awareness of this terrible disease
and funds for research.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appeciated and give wife and I a boost in
 fighting this disease and completing the Ironman. $1 per km would be a great effort and 
every km I complete is worth more and more to the funds for research.

No comments:

Post a Comment