Saturday, January 14, 2012

Ironman Melbourne Training Day with World #2 Pete Jacobs


We had a great day with World #2 Pete Jacobs and leading Ironman pro Leon Griffin for a unique training day focused on getting ready for the Ironman Asia Pacific Championship. The day included a 90km ride down to Frankston, breakfast, viewing of exclusive Hawaii footage, run technique session, race nutrition talk, lunch, swim session, awards, and prizes. I won one of Pete's racing tops which I will wear racing to give me inspiration.

Here I am in my Crohn's & Colitis Australia (CCA) singlet with Pete Jacobs  (Leon is in the background too).



The training day also raised funds for and support the work of the John Maclean Foundation, founded by legendary wheelchair athlete and Hawaii Ironman Hall of Famer John Maclean.

Here is Pete when we were down at Frankston Pier talking about riding position.


No comments:

Post a Comment